The armored optical fiber cable for oil field is comprised of a bare fiber, oil for blocking water, a seamless stainless steel tube, and double layers of steel strands. Due to this unique design, this optical cable can be used in oil platforms, oil pipelines, mining and chemical industries for sensing temperatures and stress-stain.
In recent years, this type of armored fiber optic cable that we supply has become a highly respected sensing cable in the aforementioned areas.
Feel free to contact us if you are interested in this or any other one of our products.
1. Our armored fiber optic cables with steel strand jackets have superior mechanical, transmission and environmental performances.
2. It employs a stainless steel tube to give the perfect protection to the bare fiber. Oil is filled in the area between the fiber and seamless tube in order to ensure the fiber has excess length.
3. Double layers of steel strand jackets show extremely high tensile strength, crush resistance and a high twisting strength. This enables the oil field sensor cable or mine sensor to resist many types of harsh environments, ensuring perfect signal transmissions.
4. This armored fiber optic cable features an excellent sealing design, assuring customers that it is resistant to electrochemical corrosion, water and oil.
1. Bare fiber
2. Seamless stainless steel tube
3. Inner steel strand
4. Outer steel strand
|Cable dimension (mm)||6.2±0.2|
|Seamless stainless steel tube diameter (mm)||I.D.||1.9±0.1|
|Galvanized steel strand diameter (mm)||Inner layer||0.7 (14 strands)|
|Outer layer||1.0 (14 strands)|
|Tensile strength (N)||≥1960|
|Crush resistance (N/100mm)||≥3000|
|Shock strength (J)||0.75|
|Max. peak attenuation (dB/km)||≤0.10/1.2||≤3.5/1.5||≤3.5/1.5|
|Min. bandwidth (MHZ-KM)||--||≥400/400||≥160/500|
|Temperature range (℃)||-40℃ ~+200℃|